Rules Discussion
 New Player Qualifications for TOC?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TopangaJoe

7 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  07:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering how many matches a player needs to complete each season in order to qualify to play in League Playoffs and the Tournament of Champions. I thought the rule was a minimum of 4 matches in a season, but then I heard the rule might have changed to a minimum of 6.

Thanks -

Phil

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both numbers apply. Each has a different meaning.

Four matches is the minimum number of matches you must play with a specific team during a specific session to participate in post-session play with that team. Post-session play includes division playoffs, Tournament of Champions, South Coast Championships (Spring Session), and Nationals (Spring Session).

Six matches is the minimum number of matches you must have on your record (with any team) to participate in Tournament of Champions.

Another way of saying it is to be eligible to play in the Tournament of Champions, you must have at least six matches played on your record, at least four of which must be with that team during that session.

For South Coast Championships and Nationals, change the six to a ten.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

TopangaJoe

7 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  08:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfectly explained Phil - Thanks so much for the clarification.
Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page