The Dragon Lady's Lair
 Focus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Torsten

USA
401 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  01:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Torsten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Melissa. Quick question for you. I know I'm supposed to look at the object ball when I'm shooting. However, when the white is up against a rail, and the object ball is more than half way down the table, I find it hard to do that because of how I have to strike slightly down at the white to get a nice, smooth contact. I've been trying to line up the shot and then aim for a spot about six inches in front of the white in this situation. Mixed results so far. Am I on a decent track here or just way off base??? I appreciate your input. (as well as anyone else's who has handed me a vicious beating any time in a past few seasons. )

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades... or during a game of fake heart attack.

iampato

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit iampato's Homepage  Send iampato a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Based on the amount of views and zero replies... It is a tough shot, with mixed results with what I have tried. Miss Dragon Lady, Please offer some help.

"I'm only unhappy with the woman I'm with, for a short time." Bernardo Perez 2006
Go to Top of Page

Jeff Burkhammer

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  2:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a low percentage for anyone, line it up and stroke it, "feel the hit" grasshopper! lol

When your green you grow, when your ripe you rot.
Go to Top of Page

Keith

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  3:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found that you just need to trust yourself and chalk up. Also you need to remember that the further away you aim the smaller that the margin of error is.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff Burkhammer

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  8:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just saw that this original post is like wellll over a year old...lol.

When your green you grow, when your ripe you rot.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  4:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try standing up a little bit on the shot...instead of getting really low like you do for other shots. There are times when having a slightly elevated view really helps you focus on what you are supposed to.

Also...instead of aiming a few inches in front of the white...try this instead. Imagine that the pocket is right behind the object ball (like a hanging ball)...and pretend your shooting it into that.

No matter what...this is a tough, tough shot. Certainly not one that anybody enjoys shooting...even the pros!

Hope that helps!

WPBA Professional Player
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page