New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Taz

USA
555 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  04:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Taz's Homepage  Send Taz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(Drum roll, please.....)

Other than our 8-Ball SL 4-5 (which will have their own local National Qualifier on Sat. February 20), all singles qualified players have advanced to a "standard" singles regional. Our players will compete along with players from Riverside and San Bernardino, on March 6 & 7 for the coveted prize - the right to advance to the National Singles Tournament and a shot at the National Singles Title.

8-Ball participants - registration will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, March 6. Players' meeting at 9:00am. First round will start immediately after the meeting.

9-Ball participants - registration will begin at 3:00pm on Saturday, March 6. Players' meeting at 4:00pm. First round will start immediately after the meeting.

ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE VALID PHOTO ID AND SKILL LEVEL CERTIFICATION STATEMENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER

Information packet (including SL certification statement) will be mailed out from the National Office to your home address the first week of February. If you have not received your mailing by February 20, please be sure to let us know.

Oops! Almost forgot to tell you where...

Arena Sports Grill & Bar! Yeap, that's right, here in Simi Valley. We have been asked to host one of four singles regional events taking place in California, so you will be participating in your own back yard (okay, okay, enough with the applause).

rhaydt

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  3:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit rhaydt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news. Thx Taz.
Go to Top of Page

alabama

5 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  08:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit alabama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I am from the San Bernardino APA and heard that this was the location.
I am just curious if they are bringing in tables or if they expended since I had been there last.
I work in Simi Valley once a month and often stay at the hotel the Arena Bar is in. I only remember 3 bar tables.

Looking forward to playing and was just trying to get an idea of the situation.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Phil

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  08:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Arena has six permanent bar tables (the big tables were replaced a couple of years ago) and will be bringing in two more, for a total of eight.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

D-RACK

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet About time!!!!!!

Taz Phil i cant remeber if i am Qualifed for 1 or both or witch ?>>>>>>

Too much pool makes DRACK crazy!!!

8 or 9?

Go to Top of Page

Taz

USA
555 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  8:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Taz's Homepage  Send Taz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what the "about time" refers to....

D-Rack, you are only qualified in 8-Ball.
Go to Top of Page

MGB

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  10:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by D-RACK[/i]
[br]Sweet About time!!!!!!

Taz Phil i cant remeber if i am Qualifed for 1 or both or witch ?>>>>>>

Too much pool makes DRACK crazy!!!

8 or 9?

witch?
http://blogs.gnome.org/bratsche/files/2008/08/witch.jpg

Edited by - MGB on 02/09/2010 09:09:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

D-RACK

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About time refers to the fact that they all have to come to us this year. My travel expenses can now be applied to Superbowl!!!! :)

Derrick
Go to Top of Page

movistar

193 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  5:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit movistar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in the SouthCoast APA League , on an average, how many players go to the SINGLES Nationals in Las Vegas each year?
Go to Top of Page

alabama

5 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  5:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit alabama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update.
I will be in that area next week and made plans to stay there and check it out.

With the three APA area it seems like it will be a big turnout.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Phil

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by movistar[/i]
[br]in the SouthCoast APA League , on an average, how many players go to the SINGLES Nationals in Las Vegas each year?

Eight last year, twelve the year before that, and eight the year before that. I guess that makes our three-year average 9 1/3.

This year the number will probably be much smaller, since we had very low participation on local qualifiers.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

scubadoo01

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  3:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello there. is anyone that is attending this saturday's event in Simi from the western part of the SF valley? if so, i'm hoping to carpool with someone as i'm not able to drive just yet (recent surgery). please let me know. i would be happy to pay for gas money or lunch! :)

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Taz[/i]
[br](Drum roll, please.....)

Other than our 8-Ball SL 4-5 (which will have their own local National Qualifier on Sat. February 20), all singles qualified players have advanced to a "standard" singles regional. Our players will compete along with players from Riverside and San Bernardino, on March 6 & 7 for the coveted prize - the right to advance to the National Singles Tournament and a shot at the National Singles Title.

8-Ball participants - registration will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, March 6. Players' meeting at 9:00am. First round will start immediately after the meeting.

9-Ball participants - registration will begin at 3:00pm on Saturday, March 6. Players' meeting at 4:00pm. First round will start immediately after the meeting.

ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE VALID PHOTO ID AND SKILL LEVEL CERTIFICATION STATEMENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER

Information packet (including SL certification statement) will be mailed out from the National Office to your home address the first week of February. If you have not received your mailing by February 20, please be sure to let us know.

Arena Sports Grill & Bar! Yeap, that's right, here in Simi Valley. We have been asked to host one of four singles regional events taking place in California, so you will be participating in your own back yard (okay, okay, enough with the applause).

Go to Top of Page

scubadoo01

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is kelley allison from the valley red teams. thanks!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by scubadoo01[/i]
[br]hello there. is anyone that is attending this saturday's event in Simi from the western part of the SF valley? if so, i'm hoping to carpool with someone as i'm not able to drive just yet (recent surgery). please let me know. i would be happy to pay for gas money or lunch! :)

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Taz[/i]
[br](Drum roll, please.....)

Go to Top of Page

stevelobdell

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does one Qualify for the Singles Tournament?
Go to Top of Page

rhaydt

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  10:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit rhaydt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can read about it here.
http://www.southcoastapa.com/Singles/singles.htm
Go to Top of Page

stevelobdell

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  11:12:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks..so if I read this correctly, periodically there are "singles boards" which are basically qualifier type events. We pay $15 and if we qualify on the "singles boards" then we get invited to the upcoming tourneys.

Guess now that I have 10 matches under my belt in both 8 and 9, I'll keep my eye open for future Singles Boards.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page