New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

iampato

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit iampato's Homepage  Send iampato a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
that was for the inadvertent cue ball foul. On marking the pocket, I would always give the win if the didn't mark the pocket and I knew where it was going.

you know, you would think I would get tired of hearing, "you're right Bernardo" but I don't. LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Harley

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  08:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I could see giving some leniency on the 8 ball marking. I will always tell my teams opponents to mark their pockets. And sometimes they already have and I feel the fool. I will warn players once or twice, if it then continues I will take the win for a non marked pocket. Usually it is the lower ranked players that do this and it teaches them to follow the rules. Losing by not marking a pocket really sucks. They will not want to do it again.

On the other hand, I have had too many people call cue ball fouls on me. When coaching a couple of times my hair fell over my shoulder and hit the cue ball and foul was called. This is one foul I will always take. I'm not trying to be mean, but it is a rule.
Go to Top of Page

movistar

193 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  5:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit movistar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would always take ball in hand if my child fouled... how else will they learn!.....marking the eight ball is also a rule....
and If my coach fouled my cueball... I would get a new coach!!!
Go to Top of Page

stevelobdell

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  1:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by MGB[/i]
[br]I lost a match, last Monday. I was in a hill/hill game, and I was on the 8 ball, while my oponent had 2 balls left on the table. I was lining up my shot on the 8 and since I didn't have a decent chance of making the ball, I was about to do a defensive shot. Although I didn't ask for a timeout, my captain insisted on one. He came over to instruct me on how to do the "D" shot, took my cue and inadvertantly made contact with the cue ball. He just slightly tapped the top of the ball and didn't move the cue ball or improve it's position. Yet, the opposing team called the foul, got ball in hand and won the game/match.
I realize the rule, but is that the spirit of the rule?

I thought I read somewhere on these forums that if your Captain is giving you a timeout and hits your cueball it's not a foul. Or is that only before the break?
Go to Top of Page

Torsten

USA
401 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  11:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Torsten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, there is a saying that, "the cue ball is always alive." While it's not technically 100% accurate (in a ball in hand situation, the ball is often not on the table) it applies in your case. Even if your coach calls a timeout, stopping you from taking a shot, he is not allowed to touch the white ball (unless you have a ball in hand, in which case he or she can place it for you).

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades... or during a game of fake heart attack.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page