The Dragon Lady's Lair
 Raffle tickets to support the CA State Championshi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  2:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I am hosting the CA State Women's 9-Ball Championship at the end of this month. This is a tournament that amateur and pro women from all over the state (and probably a few from AZ, NV, OR) will be participating in to try and win the State Champion title. It is not a professional event but an open event, in which any female player is allowed to enter and compete. The highest finishing non-professional player will win a paid invitation to the 2008 WPBA US Open...which is the most prestigious professional event in the WPBA season.

My cue sponsor, Ned Morris of Morris Custom Cues, has generously donated a custom cue to help me raise money for the event. The cue will be worth at least $700, and will be similar in style to Cue 07 on his website.

http://www.morriscues.com/

I am selling raffle tickets for anyone who is interested in trying to win the cue. In addition, as a special offer to APA members only, I will throw in a 1-hr free lesson if an APA member wins the cue raffle.

Taz and Phil will be sending more information out this week, and the raffle tickets will be sent out soon. Ticket costs are as follows:

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
10 tickets for $35
20 tickets for $60

If you have any questions, please let me know. I appreciate your support!

Best Regards,

Melissa

WPBA Professional Player

Kerry Randolph

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  09:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am definitely interested in getting some tickets. I am wondering how you will give APA members the opportunity to purchase them. The league does not start up again until the 31st of this month.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
Go to Top of Page

Calcwby4u

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Calcwby4u's Homepage  Send Calcwby4u a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy Melissa .... where is the tournament going to be held, days, time etc.?
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  2:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tournament will be held at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, CA. Dates are May 31st - June 1st. Start time is 10 am on Sat, May 31st.

Kerry - stay tuned to find out how the tickets will be made available. I believe Taz has a plan :)

WPBA Professional Player
Go to Top of Page

Harley

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  3:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More than the cue I would love to win the hour lesson. Where do I sign up. I know....I will wait to here from Taz and Phil. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Taz

USA
555 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  5:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Taz's Homepage  Send Taz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, league play starts on Tuesday, May 27. I will include a form for raffle ticket purchases in all the envelopes. The league office will collect the money and fill out tickets as requested. Anyone who wishes to do so may come by the league office, drop off their money and fill out their own tickets (please call ahead).

Melissa will be at the Captains' Meetings for VE County (Mon. May 19) and LA County (Wed. May 21) to greet everyone and share some information on the event as well as sell raffle tickets.

Go to Top of Page

LSchaffer2

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  2:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit LSchaffer2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

A few of us from San Diego would be interested in playing in your tournament, if that's all right. Please e-mail me the info so I can pass it on. LSchaffer2@Yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Linda Schaffer
Go to Top of Page

LSchaffer2

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  3:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit LSchaffer2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Melissa,
No need to send a flyer now, I got one from the Arizona girls. Let me know, though if the tourney is full. We would still like to buy raffle tickets. See you in Hollywood.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  9:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda,

There are still spaces available for the tournament. Please e-mail me at castatechamp@gmail.com to give me the list of player names.

Thanks!

Melissa

WPBA Professional Player
Go to Top of Page

bikercowboy

105 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  11:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Send bikercowboy an AOL message  Send bikercowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Melissa Will see you at the captains meeting tomorrow but was wonderring who I could make a check out to for the raffle tickets.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  1:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Checks can be made payable to me, Melissa Herndon. All monies will go directly into the prize fund. So far, I have $1500 in sponsorship money...and then the raffle money and player entry fees will be added to that to complete the purse.

Thanks to all for your support!

Melissa
WPBA Professional Player

Edited by - Melissa Herndon on 05/20/2008 1:12:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  2:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all!

Between the 2 captains' meeting, the South Coast APA members have helped me raise another $700 to put into the prize fund for the State Championships this weekend.

For anyone still interested in purchasing tickets...Taz and Phil will be sending out a form in your packets this week.

I hope that some of you can get down to Hollywood Billiards (in Hollywood..not in Oxnard) this weekend to watch and support the women playing! There are even several of your fellow APA members who have signed up to play!

Thanks again!

Melissa

WPBA Professional Player
Go to Top of Page

md913

28 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  1:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit md913's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi melissa mike d here just wondering where the state championship event will take place??? you know - time and place spectator fees (if any) that sort of thing..........thanks

md
Go to Top of Page

md913

28 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  1:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit md913's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whoops jsut read the others replies got it............anyway just wanted to say hi and good luck

md
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page