The Dragon Lady's Lair
 CA State Championship - This Weekend!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  12:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK y'all...it is finally here! The Women's CA State 9-Ball Championship is this weekend at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, CA. I am sure most of you have heard me talking about it...trying to sell raffle tickets to support the event...and now the time is upon us!

Our own beloved Taz will be devoting her time and energy this weekend to be our esteemed Tournament Director. I cannot imagine anyone else I would want to do it The tournament play will fire up at 10 am on Saturday, and we will narrow the field down to 16 players, who will return at noon on Sunday.

I invite all of you down to watch and support the women playing. There fields includes several APA players from the South Coast APA league...so come cheer them on!

Hollywood Billiards is a beautiful venue with great food and atmosphere. I promise...you will enjoy your time there! No spectator fees...so come watch these great players who are competing for the title of CA State Champion!!!

See you there...

Melissa

WPBA Professional Player

Edited by - Melissa Herndon on 05/30/2008 12:53:34 PM

Phil

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  8:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, any bets on who will be the first player to get Tazzed this weekend?

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Herndon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  11:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melissa Herndon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK all...don't be too disappointed in me! I lost the finals and ended up finishing second. I played extremely well in the quarter and semi-finals...but ran out of gas in the finals!

My sincerest thanks to Taz who came out to Hollywood to be our tournament director. She is wonderful...and I just wouldn't have been as happy with anyone else in charge.

And huge thank yous to each and every one of you who purchased raffle tickets to support this tournament. Unfortunately, it was not an APA member who won the custom cue...but as a thank you, we did a second drawing so that an APA member could still receive a free lesson....and it was Ann Kato's name that was pulled out of the bucket. So congratulations to Ann!!!!

Melissa

WPBA Professional Player

Edited by - Melissa Herndon on 06/01/2008 11:29:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phil

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, since Ann is the "Dragon Slayer", shouldn't SHE be giving YOU the lesson?

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page