South Coast APA
 Rules Discussion
 Interesting Rule
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bikercowboy

105 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  10:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Send bikercowboy an AOL message  Send bikercowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You break and scratch in 8 ball. Your opponent takes ball in hand as in 9 ball. What happens? I think the rule is different from what people think

Isn't the object to make the object ball? But yes you are right the leave would be awesome if it was your shot.

D-RACK

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  11:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are u asking cause u don't know? Or u Asking to brag u know the difference?
Go to Top of Page

bikercowboy

105 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  12:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bikercowboy an AOL message  Send bikercowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nope not bragging, didnt know and the answer I gave off the top of my head was I didnt know. Looking it up was surprised at the answer. Rather than supplying I asked the question suspecting that there wer many like me.

Isn't the object to make the object ball? But yes you are right the leave would be awesome if it was your shot.
Go to Top of Page

D-RACK

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  1:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the answer is.........................
Go to Top of Page

rhaydt

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  2:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit rhaydt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is up to the opponent. No foul if nothing is said. At the most it could be a sportsmanship issue. I think this rule is rather straight forward and matches other rule books.
The crazy rule is the one when the player shoots the wrong ball. If nobody says anything you can actually make all of your opponents balls and win the game.
Richard
Go to Top of Page

Moose Dragon

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  4:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the rule states that you have to shoot behind the head string (or in the kitchen) after a scratch on the break. It is a foul if you shoot your ball in hand in front of the head string. Of course nothing is a foul if it is not called. Any player with honor will notice the mistake and call the foul on himself or their teammate.

congrats on qulaifying for Vegas Richard.

These are the opinons of this poster and are not necessarily shared by me or anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

rhaydt

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  07:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit rhaydt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thx Kerry.
Go to Top of Page

bikercowboy

105 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  07:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send bikercowboy an AOL message  Send bikercowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the rule from page 45 of the team manual
The cue ball must be in as described above before play can begin. It is up to the opponent to check to be sure the cue ball is in before it is shot.
This is not a foul; no penalty may be assessed. If the cue ball is out, the shooter must place the cue ball behind the head string. To refuse and shoot anyway would be considered a sportsmanship violation to be
reported to the League Office. Seems like richard was right btw congrats richard

Go to Top of Page

D-RACK

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  10:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually had this come up last week !!!!!!!!!!! What are the odds????

LOL

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
South Coast APA Message Board © 2007 South Coast APA Go To Top Of Page